Man dies after firecracker explodes in his face on New Year’s Eve


He died in front of his fiance.

New Year celebrations turned tragic for a couple in Thailand as the British man died in front of his fiancee after a firework exploded in his face.

Gary McLaren, 50, was with his Thai fiancee and friends in the party resort of Pattaya, eastern Thailand, on December 31, when the accident occurred. McLaren, who was Northamptonshire, was filmed stepping outside a bar to light a 50cm cardboard tube packed with fireworks.

The video shows him trying to light the firework when it bursts right in his face, killing him on the spot.

According to report outlookers said McLaren’s initial attempts to light the fireworks failed, but he succeeded on a second attempt, causing smoke to pour out of the tube. However, within seconds fireworks exploded in his face, knocking him to the ground.

Police and medics tried to resuscitate McLaren but in vain. Another footage from the scene showed McLaren’s partner, Jasmine, weeping and hugging his body. She later wrtoe on Facebook an emotional post while sharing a picture of the two together.

Share post:




More like this

UAE’s visiting visa regulations: Recent changes and essential items required for travelers

New Guidelines for UAE Visit Visa Holders: Essential Documents...

Visa Run Dubai Explained

Extend Your Dubai Dream: A Comprehensive Guide to Visa...

Check out the Dubai Job search package for 2024

One of India's largest travel and tour operators to...

Airlines operating in Israel despite the war in Gaza

The number of airlines flying into the country has...