Police share a detailed video on what to do.
The Dubai Police on Monday issued a detailed video on dos and don’ts to follow in case motorists or pedestrians see an emergency vehicle looking for way.
The police advised motorists to not use the road shoulder at any time, not follow any emergency vehicle, and not cross the red signal when an emergency vehicle is approaching.
The police also asked pedestrians not to use the zebra crossing when they see or hear an emergency vehicle.
Police also issued guidelines for highways, internal roads and roundabouts.
On main roads and highways:
1. Give way by moving to the right
2. In case of congestion, emergency vehicles will use the road shoulder
On internal roads:
1. Since emergency vehicles will travel between vehicles, give way by moving to the left or right
1. Give way by moving to the left or right as emergency vehicles will make their way between other vehicles
2. If the signal is red, emergency vehicles may cross and proceed after a brief stop. Give way by moving to the left or right without crossing the red signal
3. Vehicles on the other roads with green traffic signals must stop completely and wait for the emergency vehicle to pass
1. Do not enter the roundabout if you see that an emergency vehicle is using the roundabout or is about to enter it
2. If you are already inside the roundabout, keep moving and exit the roundabout, and then move to the right lane as soon as possible