China reports 440 confirmed cases of new coronavirus pneumonia, 9 dead

Date:

Prime Minister announces the creation of a group dedicated to fighting the illness.

Chinese health authorities announced Wednesday that 440 confirmed cases of pneumonia caused by the novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) had been reported in the country by the end of Tuesday.

The cases had resulted in nine deaths, said Li Bin, deputy director of the National Health Commission, at a press conference, reported Xinhua news agency.

Earlier, Chinese President Xi Jinping said on Monday that he expected the virus to be contained “with determination”, while Prime Minister Li Keqiang announced the creation of a group dedicated to fighting the illness.

The World Health Organization will hold a meeting of experts on Wednesday to determine whether the current coronavirus outbreak in China constitutes an international emergency.

Share post:

Subscribe

spot_imgspot_img

Popular

More like this
Related

Dubai’s iconic Toyota Building set for demolition in 2027

Management says tenants can remain until December 2026, while...

Abu Dhabi deploys 18 smart ambulances across three categories

It marks a major leap forward in emergency medical...

Two people were arrested for assaulting a petrol station employee in Al Ain.

The court based its ruling on evidence in the...